Lego League Information
AHSTW Community School District
- AHSTW Viking Masterminds
- AHSTW Viking Masterminds *State Qualifiers
- V-Tech Splashers *State Qualifiers
- Viking Brick Builders
Walnut Community School District
- *State Qualifiers
We express the FIRST philosophies of Gracious Professionalism and Coopertition through our Core Values:
- Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
- Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
- Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
- Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
- Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
- Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
The only points in FLL are with the scoring of their robot performance on the playing field. In judging, teams are evaluated based on the rubric that you received back. Judges provide this feedback to all teams and then join with other judges in a deliberations process at the end of the event to determine overall winners through their individual findings in their judging room and then discussing what they saw as their “best” team with the other judges. This helps normalize in order to determine the best teams overall that are invited to advance and/or receive the Champion’s award, and then individual award categories. The judging process is qualitative, not quantitative.